Thursday, February 5, 2009

An Evil Mix

All those foods marked with "points" at daughter's house went bad. They were without power for 8 days following the snow/ice storm that hit Louisville on the 27th. Good thing they had an un-rented rental house that still had power! Daughter and 5 grandkidlets slept on the floor and cooked in a hauled-in microwave. Daughter said those 8 days were tougher on her than the 22 months she spent getting her MBA.

Schools and day care were closed, meaning she missed a week of work too. It would have helped her greatly if I'd been able to drive to Louisville to watch the g'kidlets. However, I have not been cleared by my neurosurgeon to drive. Or to lift.

And we still don't have that great-granddaughter... SIL is supposed to fly home from Seattle on Sunday, but I'm thinking he'll change that flight if Evelyn refuses to join us in the outside world before then. He's been taking looooong walks with Toshie, hoping to induce labor.

I've lost 5 pounds, as of this morning! Not bad for 11 days! Getting inventive with foods is helping. Eating a small apple before supper helps greatly! Only 70 calories, no fat. Taking Hoodia and Acai are also helping - I think. I've also added cranberry capsules to my supplement diet.

However, this morning I awoke to a locked-up and aching right hip. After compensating by shifting weight as I limped to the kitchen, the left hip started aching. It hasn't locked up - yet. Kind husband brought my cane in from the car.

Osteoarthritis, chronic bursitis, and Fibromyalgia are an evil mix of afflictions.

No comments: