Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Newest Challenge

My appointment with Very Cool Dude neurosurgeon for this afternoon was canceled due to weather. We have been under a Level II storm that has dumped 8 inches of snow and ice on top of the 4 inches we already had. Many offices were closed today in and around Columbus, OH.

I'm finally able to do some of the laundry, run the duster and dust mop over the furniture and floors, and cook - which I'm sure hubby is very happy about.

Re cooking: I've put myself on a strict diet of 1500 calories/30 grams of fat per day. Somehow, all this added weight has to come off. Before, 1700 calories per day would do it, but with enforced limited activity, this is the only way to go. I've never been this heavy and hate it. I'm the only one who can fix that.

My food diary isn't very imaginative. And I still have to cook for my Michael - who loves rich sauces, cheese, and fried foods. It's a challenge. However, I'm armed with low-fat/fat free foods, fresh veggies, and 100 calorie (treat) snack packs of chocolate.

Chocolate. My writer's veins flow with it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda,

It's Dina! Glad to hear you can assume your housewife chores now. Too bad for your low calorie diet; you must be starving yourself.
I am sure you will be able to recover your activity soon and hopefully go back to normal..

Can't wait to hear the news from the great grand baby..