Monday, January 19, 2009

Snow. Cold, white, icy, snow. I don't even think it's pretty anymore. Yep, we got more snow yesterday. Today's high is supposed to be 28. Being cold makes the pain of FM and OA worse.

I stay inside as much as possible. I'm thankful our dog's bladder is expandable so the back door doesn't get opened as often.

My neurosurgeon was right. I hate to admit this. When I take off the neck brace, even for just enough time to brush my hair, my shoulder muscles begin to spasm. I've decided to quit fighting it. The brace stays on, as I've been ordered.

I don't much like taking orders. Never have. Two of my uncles were in the military, one army and one navy. Each of those uncles produced a daughter who served in the military, one army and one navy. I'd have spent most of my time in the brig.

Fifteen days until my next writing deadline and I've already started contacting people for interviews and information. I don't remember writing last month's contracted article. My editor emailed his "thanks" and there is a check sitting on my desk so I know it got written, sent and published. My editor was warned a month ahead of time about this surgery. I'm sure he did a heavy edit rather than the usual publish-as-received. I'm thankful for that.

Finished the critique/review of Hope Clark's mss yesterday. It's a good read and is certainly better than many of the books on the big-box shelves. I'm hoping she lands a great agent and a nice advance. I'm also hoping she'll send me the mss to the second in the series and that the sales figures for both will put them at the top of the charts.

Oh, yes, I'm still working on getting my online store set up. About half is up and running. Step #1: Go to my website, www.lindajhutchinson.com and, Step #2: select "Enter Gift Store" from the menu on the left. Step #3: Find all the bargains on goods you've been looking for. Step #4: Slip your credit card out of your wallet. #5: Type in where you want it sent. #6: I'll notify you as soon as the companies let me know the items have been shipped - usually the same day. #7: Please accept my heartfelt thanks for doing business with me.

I sure can give orders though, huh?

No comments: