Wednesday, January 21, 2009

No Brace = Pain/Burning

Thought I could take my neck brace off for awhile yesterday while I lazed on the sofa to watch the inauguration. Bad idea. I'm paying for it today. The base of my skull burns. All the way down.

Still need to rifle through the stacks on my desk to find the Rx for the X-ray I need to get done next week before the scheduled appointment with my neurosurgeon. I must be a very good patient to convince him to move on to the next section of my spine that needs a major renovation.

So much work to do professionally. I've taken to grabbing the Swiffer duster on my way to and from the bathroom to zap furniture dust as I pass through. One of the downfalls of working from a home office. This is while I'm grazing through ODOT offices looking for a story due a week from Friday and Tweeting/marketing Linda's Gifts and Decor.

Recuperating from this surgery is taking much longer than I expected. While realizing that I'm no longer 30, I'm also NOT 80. Forcing myself to hold my head "UP", "UP", "UP" as I've been directed to do by Cool Dude neurosurgeon, causes severe muscle spasms from the base of my neck to mid-back. I'm re-thinking his "Cool Dude" status.

I'm sure going without my brace while clapping my hands and cheering during Obama's speech didn't help.

No comments: