Friday, January 16, 2009

Minus 15 degrees here this morning

I didn't get the new Home Fragrances page up on my website yesterday because I was so cold and achy and tired. It's up now because I've spent the day wrapped in an afghan as I work at my desk. http://www.lindajhutchinson.com/2008_linda_j_hutchinson_lindas_gifts_and_decor_home_fragrances.htm

Dear husband and I got up at the usual time this morning to have our coffee and quality time together. When he left for work I asked him to look at the thermometer on the back porch. He did. It was MINUS 15 degrees! No wonder we've been so cold. Our back porch is covered but not enclosed.

It is sunny and beautiful and very white today. The last five inches of snow we got will be around for a long time if the temperature remains in the sub-zero zone.

Son came by to check on me yesterday afternoon. I told him I needed a nap. He asked why I didn't take one so I proceeded to tell him what HIS bull mastiff does when I try to nap.

If you aren't familiar with bull mastiffs, they have about 10 inches of tongue that won't fit inside their mouths, so it is always dragging around on everything. Tamia, the dog we're discussing here, has found it possible to curl hers in just the right way to stick it up both of my nostrils while I'm sleeping. Unless, of course, I'm napping in a room with a door that locks. She's learned how to open all doors that don't lock, no doubt by wrapping her tongue around the knob and twisting her head.

Son took Tamia with him as he headed back over to his girlfriend's. It is so peaceful without her here. She's sweet and kind and loving, but a total attention whore. I swear she has a built-in alarm clock and expects her treats at exactly 5:15 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. If son's big rig is parked in the back yard and he isn't here, she has to go outside to pee every 15 minutes - no doubt in hopes he'll appear as if he'd just driven in. She fails to realize the truck has been sitting for a couple of days.

Or that info just doesn't fit into her schedule.

Even though I've managed to stay warmer today, the ache-all-over has settled into my bones and joints. At least I've gotten something productive done today - about 1/4 of what I was able to accomplish before being blessed with OA and FM.

No comments: