Saturday, January 3, 2009

My new body parts went on a field trip last night

Had an awful time sleeping last night. Just couldn't get comfortable. Meds didn't help. Neither did dear husband's constant attention - I swear the man seldom sleeps when I'm ill or recovering from surgery.

Wearing my CPAP mask (for sleep apnea) over my neck brace makes for great difficulty in changing sleeping positions. I try very hard to be as courteous as possible to DH by not allowing my CPAP to blow cold air down his neck while I snuggle up against his back. Which means moving the hose. Which means that if I then turn back over,an act which has its own set of issues, the hose is wrapped around my neck.

Last night I managed to get the hose wrapped around my neck and then around my arms and chest. Wish I could remember what I was dreaming about because it would make for some interesting scenes in my WIP.

Thank goodness for a bladder the size of a pea because I had to wake enough to untangle myself before staggering to the bathroom.

I don't remember the return trip, but I awoke to the alarm clock minus any head/neck gear, with my neck in a bent position and cramping back and shoulder muscles sending spasms straight to the nearest pain center in my brain.

I've decided it best to be a most vigilant patient today and to wear the neck brace every possible moment to correct anything that may have occurred last night to re-arrange my new parts.

Hopefully, tonight, they'll mind their manners a bit better and learn to like their new host.

I should also mention, again, that I am eternally grateful to the departed souls who left their no longer needed earth-bound bones to be used to repair mine. Perhaps I'm getting to know them.

No comments: