Monday, January 26, 2009

Ode to Pizza and Cookies

We made it to Louisville in time to watch our son's oldest son play basketball Friday night. (I can't believe they have 8 year-olds scheduled to play at 8:00 p.m.) Had a wonderful time with the boys before the pain and stiffness from 4 hours in a car settled in.

We all had a grand time opening Christmas presents Saturday morning. Abigail (2 3/4) and Jacob (the birthday boy) must have played with the construction set Grandpa picked out for him for at least 2 hours. Her new Barbie doll's dress, earrings, necklace and shoes, worked great for loading into the crane's bucket...

On Saturday, I got to spend some quality time with son-in-law, who was to leave Sunday morning for two weeks in Seattle where he'll be around when his first grandchild is born. Evelyn is due on Wednesday and I'm sure her mom and dad don't want to wait any longer either. He'll have camera and laptop in hand to send photos.

Jeffrey saw how irritated my neck was from the brace and quickly found the "Cadillac version" from his neck surgery two years ago. Much better! Extra padding. Extra set of pads so I can keep them washed.

Then, daughter and I got to spend a few minutes together while she explained her Weight Watchers plan to lose 40 pounds while also strength training and spinning, to gear up for the Ride to Conquer Cancer. She's committed and hoping to gain as many sponsors as possible. This is her website: Ride to Victory There is a button that says “Support Raylene”. Be sure to check out the video while you're there.

Their 14 year-old son is strength training with her and keeping her on task. He and 8 year-old Hannah have gone through the refrigerator and marked the "points" on everything in there with a Sharpie.

Which, of course, meant that I had to stop procrastinating. My diet and commitment to lose 40 pounds before my birthday started TODAY. It will be even harder to do because I've yet to be cleared for exercise following spine surgery. (Walking is allowed, but I can't walk more than 50 feet before my arthritic hips lock up.)

I've carefully counted out each calorie and shred of cheese in tonight's enchiladas and divided by SIX, which equals the number of allotted calories remaining after my delicious and filling luncheon consisting of one cup of dry Cheerios.

Guess I'll need to remember fondly the pizza and cookies at Jacob's birthday party on Saturday.

No comments: