Friday, September 19, 2008

Over-doing by the over-achiever

I didn't journal here yesterday. In fact, other than fix a couple of simple meals for hubby, I didn't do much of anything yesterday. The "why" is simple. I overdid everything the day before.

We're still involved in storm cleanup here in Ohio. I've also been busy trying to find homes for about 500 pounds of apples and not-yet-ripe pears that are on the ground. I'm sure the neighbors to the east thought I was exaggerating when I told them to please take what they wanted. They were out there yesterday with milk crates loading up pears to lay out in their basement to ripen.

It also doesn't help that hubby has been working double shifts, which means that he isn't home at night, which means that I don't sleep much at all. (He's in the guest room now trying to take a nap. Why the guest room? Because he sleeps better when the TV is on. I've never been able to understand that, and so after many years of exasperation on my part, TV has been officially banned from our bedroom.)

Today is starting out better pain-wise than yesterday did, so I'm off to finish up a few things in the living room, dining room, kitchen - and THEN my office. Hopefully, yesterday's pain level will keep me honest about over-doing today.

No comments: