Thursday, September 4, 2008

Update on shoulder pain to needles to numbness

I've already missed 3 days of blogging here. I promised to blog every day for a month. You get 3 blogs today to make up for it. And I won't have cell ISP service Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. OY. This is gonna be tricky!

The formidable pain in my right shoulder has eased a bit. My insurance won't pay for an MRI to pinpoint whether the cause is a pinched nerve in my neck or a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder until I've had 4 weeks of physical therapy.

The physical therapy folks won't give me PT until the cause of the acute pain is pinpointed.

My right arm goes numb after a hundred thousand needles work their way from my shoulder down to my thumb and half of my index finger. Yesterday I noticed my right leg, between my knee and ankle doing the same thing.

Whatever the cause, this is miserable. Even writing is harder than normal as I deal with the pain and needles-to-numbness. Some might call that a blessing.

No comments: