Thursday, December 11, 2008

Day 3

Day two of being home. Day three post surgery. Hate the neck brace, but terrified of taking it off. Wish Jack Hanna would stop by to pick up the elephants stomping across my shoulders and take them back to the zoo.

I'm woozy. I'm exhausted.

Throat felt like I had bronchitis cough for the first two days. That has gotten better.

My plan for using the recliner isn't working out well. To recline, it takes using pressure from both my legs and neck. HA! So, I'm propped up in the corner of the guest bed with about a dozen pillows.

Papa brings me the coffee thermal carafe with creme brulee creamer and a sandwich every morning. It is hard to swallow, even liquids, so this is working well for now.

Thank you to Renee' Barnes and Teddy in Poland for their warm wishes! Audrey Shaffer, Dina Malki, too. If my spelling sucks, it's because my pain level sucks.

If you have nothing better to do, or just 3 free seconds, send a book to Teddy for his library. You'll find the mailing address on the Past Showcase stars at http://www.lindajhutchinson.com. He'll be so grateful! While there, you can also buy my e-book, The Bare Bones Basics of: So You Want to be a Writer. That's all the marketing I have energy for.

Off to take another nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tea with lemon and honey may be a little easier on the throat than the coffee --might help soothe some of the scratchiness away too.

Linda J. Hutchinson said...

The sore throat only lasted for 2 days. I was amazed. It was that bronchitis-like deep cough sore throat. Glad that's gone.