Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Oops! Forgot to post yesterday

How did I forget to blog here yesterday? My mind must have been flushed along with my now-working-again intestines. So much potty talk here. Sheesh.

Our trip to Louisville for Christmas has been canceled. Seems my Jeffrey, our much-loved son-in-law, is down with the flu. In a household with two adults and 5 kids, three dogs, two cats, and two goats, bugs get shared quickly. Nick was also home because he was feeling poorly. School was out due to snow. Daughter is attempting to stay well enough to work (she's the major bread-winner) and to pick up the two youngest at pre-school on her way home.

They came for Thanksgiving two years ago with 3 sick kids and one sick adult. I'm not up to doing that again. Dear hubby and I have both had our flu shots - which are medically mandatory for me, along with the pneumonia shot.

Our 2300 square foot home, which is usually large enough for the whole crew plus friends is beginning to feel very small. And that's with just the dog and me here. Michael is taking me shopping tonight to fill the list daughter sent, and to get me out of the house.

One year, about six years ago, I broke with tradition and didn't buy socks for everyone in the family. Daughter had a snit-fit as she headed to the store. Everyone complained. We didn't realize what a big deal it was.

It seems I've also created some sort of tradition for buying grown son underwear in August. Have no idea how that started, but he starts the man-talk in July about needing underwear. He's perfectly capable of going to the store to choose and pay for his own underwear, but says it just isn't the same thing.

They never really leave home.

Never.

On another note, I started reading Hope Clark's manuscript yesterday. This is the agricultural suspense/thriller she's shopping to agents. It's good! Hear ye, hear ye, o' agents of marketable authors! This one is worth a read!

This blog is worth the read just for the meta tags. HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound so much better! Enjoy your shopping :)