Friday, December 26, 2008

Post Christmas Bluesies

Christmas was quiet. Too quiet. We couldn't go to Louisville as planned because daughter, son-in-law, and a couple of their tribe of kidlets were too germ-y for me to be around so soon after surgery.

Plus, we'd taken a trial run by packing me in pillows in hubby's truck, and it was miserable - and a much, much shorter trip.

I'm healing well, albeit slowly. Fingers are working much better, but still not quite up to speed. They'll probably never reach full capacity, but I can live with the use I have now. No one would hire me as a typist, which is understandable, but some of my frustration is gone. Lightly tapping my thumb knuckle or a fingernail on something hard no longer drops me to the floor from the searing pain.

Michael, my dear hubby, made a pot roast for our supper. It was wonderful. He used veggies we'd grown right here in our little garden and home-canned. You know, veggies that still had flavor and vitamins intact. Son was home and his new friend, Kathy, came over for awhile.

Speaking of son - he and Kathy delivered 3 very large teddy bears to the local childrens' hospital, specifically to go to children who, perhaps, didn't have a great Christmas. Being in the hospital is bad enough, but there are worse things - like being completely ignored by family while you're there. As a foster mom and foster grandma I've seen it too many times. I'm sure these bears were as big or bigger than the children who received them. Just something he picked up in his travels about four months ago, knowing his plan.

Well, back to seeing if I can get my website set back up. Tripod dumped me. Probably because I dared tell them their customer service sucked. Where has my diplomacy gone? I'll work on that. Right after my website is back up and functioning.

In the meantime, my email is also down. If you've emailed me at linda at lindajhutchinson dot com and it bounced back at you, try hutchlj at yahoo dot com, but don't spam me. I tend to get even with slimy spammers.

No comments: