Monday, December 22, 2008

My website is still down.

This is day 5 of my website being down. Tripod's "FR*E" domain name is NOT FR*E if you every want to leave their web hosting - which I've been trying to do for a very long time. They won't give me the DNS unlock code until I've paid a $12.95 "rental" fee on my domain name - and agree to pay it for the rest of my life.

My site was never set up on "Fr*e" to begin with. I paid them $8.95 for the Pro plan every month for 5 years. One would think that I would own my domain name. However, I do not.

And, of course, their "customer service" is only open Monday through Friday from 8 to 5 - and it takes at least 3 days to get a response from them via email.

So, I've not only got a website that is non-functional STILL, but all of my website email is down, too.

I will say LOUDLY once again, "Do NOT use Tripod/Lycos as your webhost!" Ever.

GoDaddy is ready to give me telephone support - 24 hours per day !! - if Tripod will ever get around to giving me the DNS unlock code so I can move my site.

Tripod/Lycos sucks.

I'm sure this will not be the end to this particular rant. The BS never seems to end when your webhost is Tripod/Lycos.

Beware, be wary!

All of this on top of trying to heal from major spine surgery. Please excuse typos and mis-spellings. I haven't had my meds yet today.

Spine surgery report:
It's slow going. Hate the neck brace. When I put on my CPAP mask on top of the neck brace I look like something out of a bad horror movie. Hubby is doing double duty - working more than full-time and still cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and even bathing me and washing my hair. But then, I knew he was a keeper 18 years ago.

My hands are working and they don't hurt - most of the time. My surgery wound hasn't hurt at all. My neck hurts all the time from all the digging around in there. Still not sure if I'll pick up any traits from the former owners of the cadaver bones my neurosurgeon replaced my badly deformed discs with. Hmmm. Anyone know anything about this? Might make for a good story!

I'm required to take two naps a day, plus I'm sleeping about 10 hours per night. No lifting! No sleeping on my stomach - ever again.

So that's about it. Tripod is the suckiest webhost on the planet. I'm not completely myself yet - and may become someone else. I may be happier when my website is back up and running, but I'll still warn everyone I meet up with to stay away from said sucky webhost.

No comments: