Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lycos/Tripod gives me the boot

Well, it seems my nemesis, Tripod/Lycos is screwing with me again. Got an email yesterday that said I have two days to move my website because I had registered my DNS?? elsewhere. Funny, that, because Tripod has refused to allow me to move my site for the past two years and would not give me the unlock code to do so. I have absolutely no idea how to "register my DNS" elsewhere.

I strongly suspect this is because the service I've been paying $8.95 a month for for almost 5 years is now $12.95.

I have had a hate/hate relationship with them for years. This is only because of their total lack of customer service. It takes 24 to 96 hours just to get a canned BS email that usually isn't even relevant to the question asked.

So... I've been given license to move my site. Have no idea how to do that but I will be going through the GoDaddy link at The Writer's Chatroom to get some help with moving it. The little bit Audrey gets as an affiliate helps to pay the chatroom's bills. She's had no problems with GoDaddy and it has been recommended to me by many others. They actually have telephone support. What a concept!

Fortunately for me, my site has been built using FrontPage and I keep a copy on my laptop and on a jump stick.

No comments: