Monday, December 29, 2008

Venturing out for Bob Evans Breakfast

We ventured out yesterday morning. I managed to sit in the seat without being packed in pillows to absorb road bumps. Went out to a leisurely breakfast. Then stopped at a couple of places to pick up necessary items. The last stop - to replace my electric mixer that burned up while mashing spuds for our Thanksgiving supper - Michael had to haul out my wheelchair. My hips were done moving. My back ached. My neck was throbbing. It was time to go home.

After a 4-hour nap, life was looking like it was worth the effort again.

I have an article due on Friday and most of the folks I need to interview are on vacation. This is the toughest time of year to write for a construction magazine. But, my article will get turned in on time, regardless.

My website. Dang. I'm hoping to be back up and running today. Just have a few final edits and then I'll be on the phone with GoDaddy. If I didn't hate Tripod enough before, well, I hate them triple now. However, I did have the good sense to NOT use their site-builder, but Front Page, so my online life wasn't completely destroyed.

I'm healing. Slowly. Very tired of the neck brace. Tired most of the time. Fewer meds for pain. Still have some dizziness issues. See my neurosurgeon on Wednesday.

No comments: