Friday, December 19, 2008

On another rant

Still no reply from Tripod. Thank God for my naturally very low blood pressure.

Shoulders are still hosting those pesky fencing elephants, but I was able to sleep in my own bed last night, which made hubby very happy. Now I understand why all the kids and company like our guest bed, though. Very comfortable.

Went without my neck brace for a little while yesterday. Won't do that again. Hubby washed my hair. There is just something about having clean hair that is always nice, even if no one sees it. Barbara Walters made a comment about that many years ago. She said it didn't matter what her dress looked like when she was on camera as long as her hair was clean. I heartily agree.

Dear husband and I will be going to Cincinnati this afternoon to a mandatory health insurance meeting. Probably won't be good news. His employer has graciously paid a large amount of our premiums and also paid into our HSA account. That might change. Just what we need is higher costs for my care.

On that note; I heard a rumor yesterday that when an employee is laid off for even a short while, the employer can no longer continue to pay the employee's health insurance - that it must go through COBRA - which not many can afford. That sucketh, folks. While Michael was temporarily laid off this past year, his employer paid our insurance. Beginning in February 2009, if the rumor is true, he won't be allowed to do that anymore. So if this rumor is true, the newly unemployed, even during temporary unemployment, will be doubly screwed.

We need to impeach everyone in Congress and the House and start over. Shut off their health insurance. Shut off their pension plans. Clean out their 401-K plans. Ours has been dismally attacked.

We the people, may never be allowed to retire.

Re the 2-hour ride to Cinci for this meeting: I'll be propped into position with at least 3 pillows to absorb some of the bumps in the road. Just going shopping for an hour 2 days ago has made my body ache. I felt every little crack in the road, every lurch at a stop light, every corner no matter how slowly taken.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael's a good man. A dirty head is an awful thing for any woman.

Sorry you haven't managed to evict the elephants yet. Maybe it's time to put a mouse on the job. *squeak*

How goes the website saga?

Damn right we need to get rid of the bastages in govt. Start at the top and work your way down.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh, Linda J. Now I know what you have been doing all these months....hurting. And I mean, super hurting. Yes, I am praying for you.

I began my search for you when I couldn't pull up your website. Now I understand why it isn't there anymore. What a hassle.

Wishing you a Christmas full of wonderful surprises to lift your spirits and improve your health. God bless.

Hope Clark said...

Linda,

I have my fingers crossed for your health insurance. COBRA will cover you in the situation you mentioned, I believe. My sister was on COBRA for 24 months and found it cheaper than getting new insurance.

Hope

Linda J. Hutchinson said...

Thank yous to Renee', Janet, and Hope. I'm healing, slowly. There will be at least 2 more surgeries on my back to remove more bone spurs and to ream out another spot that is closing in on my spinal cord. Not looking forward to it, but if those surgeries can help as much as this one, I'm good with it.

My site is still down. I've just written another rant. My linda at email is also down. Tripod sucks. Doubt I'll ever stop telling people that. hutchlj at yahoo dot com is working but I'll delete that info from this comment soon.

My website should be switched over to GoDaddy by tomorrow. If it isnt, I'm driving to Massachusetts with a baseball bat and Makaraov 9 mm. Well, I'll be thinking it, because I'm not yet allowed to drive. Having dealt with Tripod for 5 years I truly understand why some people go postal.

Can you tell I haven't had my meds yet today? I'm on pain killers, muscle relaxers, sedatives, and a pile of others.

On the political front: Obama seems to be putting a pretty good team together. Lots of folks in those nice cushy gov't jobs will be unemployed soon. Perhaps you should send them your blog addie for the newly po', Renee'?