Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Whine, whine, whine - You've been warned.



It was -21 with the wind chill yesterday. Today it is supposed to warm up so it can snow. Great weather for, hmmm, bears? The cold certainly doesn't help my pain levels. Our house is warm and cozy, but I still have to let the dog in and out, and son is in and out while trying to get his fuel lines thawed on his big rig, and hubby was in and out this morning. Oy.

We went grocery shopping last night. That was after Michael drove me to Ohio Health for the 2-week post surgery X-rays. What a sight we were. Knowing there would be no available electric carts, he pulled my wheelchair out of the truck and I steered the cart while he pushed my wheelchair.

For Christmas, we'll be having pot roast. Not my favorite, but something hubby can do well - since he's still doing all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, AND bathing me/washing my hair, etc. All this while working his backside off to build a Walgreen's store that normally takes 8 months - in 4 months. He's good at what he does, obviously.

I'm sad that we can't go to Louisville for Christmas. The weather is supposed to be ugly and even packed in pillows, riding in a car/truck for any length of time, is hell. We had all the grandkids here, except the two in Seattle, and the one in the military, at Thanksgiving, so I should stop feeling selfish for wanting to spend Christmas with them, too. But, it's tough.

I'm still fighting with Tripod to get my website moved to GoDaddy. It is completely down while they screw with me by withholding the DNS unlock code. This is day SIX of my site being down. Tripod sucks. Even after finally being able to move my site, I'll still have to pay Tripod annual "rent" of $12.95 for the use of my "FREE" domain name. Did I already say Tripod sucks? Please learn from my pain of dealing with them and do NOT ever set up your website with them.

Since my website is completely down, so is my website email. If you have sent me an email at linda@, I didn't get it. Please use hutchlj at yahoo dot com until this whole completely needless mess can be cleaned up. Please don't spam me, though.

No comments: