Wednesday, December 31, 2008

First post-surgery checkup and...

Today, I'll have my first post-surgery check-up. It's been 3 weeks and two days since surgery.

I'm still experiencing a great number of muscle spasms across my shoulders. I've been "good" and worn this awful neck brace every day. Only take it off for bathing. The best part of that is having hubby wash my hair. He does a great job with the shampoo and conditioner.

Fixed my first supper yesterday. Nobody's favorite, but something I could put together without cutting myself, breaking anything or burning the house down. Lentil soup in the crock pot. We don't like it, but at our ages must eat it for the fiber. Getting old ain't for wimps.

Some of the Fibro BURN has subsided. It now only covers my lower back down to about six inches below my waist-line - well, the waist-line I had before being forced to slow down by osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. Pre-surgery, the burn creeped down to about 3 inches above my knees.

This surgery has done nothing for my hip-lock problem, so I'm sure "something" will be done about that at a later date. Still can't walk the length of a block without my hips locking up. Makes it extremely difficult to put one foot in front of the other. I'm thankful for the "freedom" chair we bought a couple of years ago.

I'm also having to re-learn how to use my hands and fingers. If I've covered this before here, please understand that Fibro Fog is still present. Pre-surgery I had to consciously order my hands to do most activities that most just take for granted because their brains are on auto-pilot. Now that my hands are almost working right again, I catch myself trying to over-ride the sub-conscious movements. Note to self: Stop that!

I'll find out today how long it will be before I can drive again. Being house-bound isn't so bad when I have deadlines looming, but it sure would be nice to be more independent.

Will update after my checkup.

On another note: Somehow, a lark I'm sure - or divine intervention - my domain name has been wrested from Tripod/Lycos and my website should be back up and running with GoDaddy today.

Speaking of Tripod: If you sign up with them for their "free" domain offer, THEY, not you, will own that domain name. Then, if you ever want to move your site for, say, the fact that their customer service is nearly non-existent, you'll have to "rent" YOUR domain name from them for the life of the website - or until the Second Coming - whichever occurs first. It was a fluke that my transfer went through on August 26th by me hitting the "transfer" button about 3 dozen times. All were denied except for one. It took Tripod until December 17th to recognize the transfer and they shut down my site on December 19th. Need I say more?

No comments: