Monday, December 15, 2008

One Week Post Surgery

I have a call in to Jack Hanna at the Columbus Zoo to remove these fencing elephants from my shoulders. It they would go away, along with the muscle spasms they've caused, I'd feel almost blissful.

My typing is still slower than normal, but after a year of having my hands and fingers mis-fire under a boatload of pain, I'll take the slower typing pace and be happy.

The weather in Ohio is typically cold and gray. I've threatened to smack Ohioans who complain about my beloved Seattle's rain and gray periods. At least it's green year round there. Here, everything is either gray or brown. UGH!

A friend sent me a very cute poem about winter. It's posted at http://lindajhutchinson.blogspot.com. Beware: That site is where I spout off about wrong-doings, ill-gotten gains, and politics in general - usually all in the same breath because they are all so intertwined.

My choices these days are: hold off on the meds and get some work done, or take the meds and go back to bed. The latter is the better choice, I'm sure. I'm also hoping my neurosurgeon isn't reading this blog.

2 comments:

Tanja said...

Oh, Linda, I was only pulling your leg.... ooops, I shouldn't be doing that, either.

Life is a bar-code.
Lots of lines;all mean something...
Inexplicable!

Linda J. Hutchinson said...

Friends like you who leave funny comments or send great "stuff" like that keep me entertained - which is a wonderful thing for a Type A personality who is cooped up, not allowed to drive, and doesn't have the stamina to do much of anything.

Right now, I'm printing out Ms. Hope Clark's novel that she is pimping to agents. Can't wait to read it.

Amazing how many very cool people we can connect with online!