Sunday, December 14, 2008

I could get real used to this...

Slept most of yesterday. Had given hubby explicit instructions re how and when to make the mortgage payment online. Yeah, right. Realized it hadn't been done today, the 14th.

Hubby is making breakfast. I haven't been real hungry. Have lost 9 pounds since surgery.

Have to say, though, that I'm liking living in pajamas all day and night. I could get used to this!

The elephants are still practicing their fencing moves across my shoulders. Thinking of calling Jack Hanna to come load 'em up. I'm sick of them. They're friendly enough, they just move around a lot on my sore and spasming muscles. Actually, I'm hating them a little more each day. Hubby just thinks I'm being humorous...

This neck brace is a royal pain. Sliding my CPAP mask over the neck brace is even more fun. Makes me have some empathy for the actors in Space Odyssey who spent hours each day getting their makeup and costumes just right.

My hair is a fright. No need for makeup - would just be another irritation - since I can't move my head. Ever tried putting on mascara when you can't move your head, hold your mouth just so, or tilt the wand? At least I can hang on to the wand now. That's an improvement!

No one argues with me when I say I'm heading off to take a nap. Even if they're hungry. Even if they need clothes washed. See, I trained them both very well, and they know that I know that they can both cook and do laundry.

Seems breakfast is almost ready. I'm going to watch TV while eating and then my plate will be promptly picked up and put in the dishwasher and the kitchen will somehow get all cleaned up while I'm napping.

I could get used to this.

1 comment:

Robert Medak said...

I bet you could get used to it, Linda.
Glad to hear you're on the mend.